Happy Pi day
Monday, March 14, 2005
Yes sir, it's March 14, 2005 or 3.14.
Looking for a fun way to celebrate π
day? Follow the steps:
- Buy a real pie - I suggest an apple pie
- Round a group of people around the pie in a perfect circle
- At exactly 3:14:15 PM, have one person at a time, travel r (the radius) of the circle to grab a piece of pie
- Repeat until a full 360° has been completed
= 3 in some states - Ok, almost: Indiana bill sets the value of pi to 3
- Your tax money hard at work.
BTW2, if you like math, you should watch "π
The Movie." There is some math related content, but don't expect too much of it - After all, it's just a movie.
Plot: some math stuff; the secrect of the universe is revealed by an edible (finger licking) oozing home made super computer; and some dude with blinding headaches plays a lot of Go with some older dude; the whole movie is in black and white - Gives it more of a thriller kind of look.
/ 4 stars.
You obviously didn't read the Indiana Bill web page. It never passed so Pi was never equal to 3 in any state.